After the UK was battered by not one, but three different storms in the space of a week, the topic of working at height safely seems very fitting!
Especially as one of the biggest causes of death and injury in the workplace is due to working at height. If you work within the construction industry, or any job that requires you to be hands on such as decorators, tree surgeons, or even a window cleaner, then this course could be for you.
WHAT IS WORKING AT HEIGHT?
Working at height refers to any task that is above ground level. Additionally, working at height could also occur at ground level. For example, if an employee is working next to hole, or an opening. If precautions are not taken then an employee that suffers a fall could result in an injury or a fatality.
What types of work will involve working at height?
Working at height is in everyday manual jobs, and it is more common than you think. Do you or someone you know work as any of the following:
- Painters / Decorators
- Window Cleaner
- Construction worker
- Rock Climbing Instructor
All of the above careers include some degree of working at a height, some more than others! Companies will ask that you’ve had some form of health and safety training, and will provide the necessary training if not.
NPORS N404 WORKING AT HEIGHT COURSE
Are you struggling to take time out of your busy schedule to obtain a new qualification? Fortunately, the NPORS N404 working at height course can be completed in half a day. Individuals can expect to cover:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘working at height’
- Identify the appropriate PPE that is often required
- Identify the different types of equipment that can be used when working at height
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe practices that should be followed
- Understand the unsafe situations that can occur, and knowing how to avoid them
When the individual successfully passes the qualification it will be valid for 3 years. After this time it will then need to be renewed. The full course details can be found on our website.
OTHER NPORS COURSES AVAILABLE
Not only can we offer NPORS health and safety courses at our training school, we have plenty of other courses too.
When you book through the Diggerland Plant Training School, you can choose from the following courses:
- Excavator training in Kent including 180, 360 and quick hitch awareness
- Dumper courses including forward tipping and rear tipping dumper
- Telehandler courses including industrial and suspended loads
- Health and safety courses including cable avoidance, fire warden and construction site supervisor
- Other construction courses including slinger signaller, vehicle marshal and scissor lift training
All of our courses can be found on our website.
CONTACT THE TEAM TODAY TO BOOK ONTO OUR NPORS COURSES
Our training courses are filling up quickly, and we have limited availability for the next few months. Should you wish to book onto our NPORS working at height course then be sure to contact us today.
We can carry out training on our dedicated training area based at Diggerland Kent, Durham and Yorkshire. Alternatively, our instructors can conduct training at suitable external sites.
If you want to discuss a particular course in more detail, then our team would be happy to help. Give us a call on: 01634 295355 or email us.