Construction is one of a few sectors that have such a huge impact on communities around the world. It is also a sector that provides a large number of individuals with well-paid, skilled jobs. Employing 3.1 million people, means a lot of training will be required for various tasks. In the latest industry news, extra investment has been given to construction training, and workers that require the additional skills.
Find out more about why you should consider looking into construction training, and how our skilled trainers at the Diggerland Plant Training School can help you.
WHY HAS FURTHER INVESTMENT BEEN CONSIDERED?
CITB, also known as the Construction Industry Training Board, has revealed that there are plans to invest more in construction training. Reserved finances are expected to be used over the next three years, in order to ramp up training resources.
They are hoping to fill the existing gaps between income and expenditure. An estimated 46.4 million pounds is expected to be used up until April 2025. In comparison to the original allocated figure of 32.8 million, it has significantly increased to assist with construction training.
So why a huge increase in spending?
It is said that around 50,000 additional workers are needed within the construction industry each year. More workers means more training!
Additionally to this, the construction industry has certainly faced its fair share of challenges over the last few years. Inflation, rising fuel prices, a global pandemic and Brexit, all of which have had a detrimental effect on the sector as a whole. It is crucial now more than ever to start focusing on building skills of those already working, as well as recruiting new workers.
For those of you not currently familiar with the involvement of CITB, they are a training board that was setup to address the concerns of UK skill shortages.
When the company was set up in July 1964, to build a safe, professional and fully qualified construction industry. It was originally a non-departmental public body of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills up until 2016. CITB then moved to the Department for Education.
Starting with just one training centre in Norfolk, CITB has widely expanded around the UK, and now offers construction training in 40 other locations at present.
WHICH CONSTRUCTION TRAINING COURSES ARE AVAILABLE?
Here at the Diggerland Plant Training School, we offer plenty of courses to suit everyone. We primarily target individuals within the construction industry, or looking to join, however that’s not to say that our courses don’t apply to other sectors.
Our most popular construction training courses include:
- Excavator courses – We often get many enquiries for both our Excavator 360 and 180 courses. Diggers and backhoe loaders. For those starting out in the industry, it’s the go-to course to get qualified in.
- Roller courses – The roller course is great for anyone working in construction, as well projects that involve road work. This particular course only takes 1 – 3 days to complete depending on experience!
- Dumper courses – For anyone interested we actually have some spaces available for our upcoming dumper course running on 6th – 8th June!
- Health and Safety courses – Whether you need to renew your First Aid or Fire Warden training, or would like to book on. Our customers love getting to grips with everything in our spacious and well equipped classrooms. We also offer a Manual Handling and Safety Awareness course.
- Telehandler courses – Choose between a standard Telehandler course and a Suspended Loads course for the more advanced operators. Both of which will provide you with the knowledge you need to safely operate heavy construction machinery, with the assistance of our experienced instructors.
BOOK ONTO OUR CONSTRUCTION TRAINING COURSES TODAY!
Are you wanting to expand your knowledge and book onto our construction training courses?
Now we’ve covered the various construction courses available, it’s time to book!
The Diggerland Plant Training School is in the prime location for any aspiring operators, especially if you’re looking to operate various machinery, or obtain qualifications in a variety of health and safety courses. As we are based at Diggerland, we have a large range of construction equipment available to use for training purposes.
Our main training site is based in Kent, local for anyone in the South East and surrounding areas. We also operate in Devon, Durham and Yorkshire as well. If you’re not local to any of these areas we can also arrange for our instructors to teach on an external site, at a time and date to suit the company or operators.
We are happy to train individuals or alternatively groups of operators together.
Get in touch with a member of the team today by emailing us today if you have any questions, or want to book. Alternatively, you can give us a call on: 01634 295355 to discuss our excavator courses in detail.
We also advertise any last minute spaces on upcoming courses on our social media. Give us a follow!