STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Permanent, Full Time Position
Due to an increase in business, we are recruiting for an experienced NPORS Trainer / Tester and Assessor to join our team.
Reporting to the Training Manager, you will play a key role in delivering training, assessments and testing to a high standard in subjects such as plant operations, lifting operations, NVQ assessments and general health and safety training to our customers at our training centre, sites, and various venues. The trainer / assessor will ensure that all training complies to health and safety and legislative compliance and will receive continuous personal support and development.
The Trainer will not only be vital in the delivery of training, but the role will also focus on developing new training solutions in support of business requirements and will be pivotal in raising the skills, attitude, approach and performance levels of staff, plant operators and other support staff through the competency assessment procedure along with providing support to our site teams, managers, and key stakeholders to encourage the continuous development of our workforce.
- Deliver theoretical and practical elements on training at our training centre in Kent in line with the companies training matrix.
- Constantly learn and self-develop new subjects to enable the delivery of various other training categories to meet the needs of the business.
- To work in conjunction with the Diggerland Plant Training School team to continually evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as the Health & Safety teams to assist in the development of training solutions.
- To facilitate and maintain an effective communication with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to meet site requirements for instruction, information, and training certification.
- To develop new training material and review all existing training/learning material and where appropriate to bring in line with the agreed standard/company branding.
- To comply with all Statutory and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To assist with the development of specific training and development and assist in project work when required.
- To always promote a professional image in support of the companies and department values.
- To ensure that you develop your capabilities through continuing professional development.
- To carry out additional duties from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure training, assessments and completions are scheduled and managed effectively using the training calendar and cooperating with the Training Coordinator and Training Manager.
- Ensure all training delivered is to the relevant company or awarding body standards.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed correctly to ensure that the records produced create a simple and transparent audit trail.
- Support the operational and safety teams in delivery and incident investigations.
- Attend standardization meetings when required.
- Record and maintain your own Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Ensure all hazards during training are controlled by suitable RA/MS.
- Always remain Professional.
- NPORS Trainer Tester delivering across the following categories as a minimum: 360 above and below 10t, Excavator as a crane, ROR, FTD, Telehandler, Slinger Signaller
- L3 Award in education & Training or equivalent
- Plant Instructor Qualification NPORS Instructor/Tester)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Good understanding and knowledge of accredited construction training
- Proven Experience and knowledge of developing or communicating risk assessments and method statements or lift plans.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload while considering future organizational requirements.
- A professional, positive, and proactive attitude, who is highly motivated and can work independently.
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving license.
- NPORS Trainer Tester delivering across the following categories as a minimum: 180, Telehandler suspended loads, Loader Securer,
- NVQ Assessor Qualification or willing to work towards
- Hold a SMSTS or SSSTS Qualification
- Hold NPORS Operator cards holding mobile plant or lifting operational categories
- Small Tools Instructor (Abrasive Wheels, Cat and Genny, Manual Handling, NRSWA)
- First Aid
- Some experience in online or blended learning delivery
- NVQ in site management, plant operations or lifting operations
About Diggerland Plant Training School
We are a small training team that have been delivering NPORS training to many different customers for 2 years. We are a part of the UK’s largest specialist Excavator Plant Hire company, H.E. SERVICES who boast a fleet exceeding 3500 items of plant, which are offered for hire nationwide via ten strategically located depots. We at Diggerland Plant Training School believe that when we care about what we do, we do it better. Because we care about our workers – keeping them safe, making sure they are happy, enjoy coming to work and feel valued – we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and where the rewards are shared.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Diggerland Plant Training School is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business. This role is predominantly office based, with opportunity for some off site working.
To apply please send your CV to Liam Sutcliffe below, alternatively the vacancy is also listed on our Indeed account.apply here