NPORS Crane / lift SUpervisor (N405)
enquire below to book
VIEW ALL COURSES
NPORS Crane / Lift Supervisor (N405)
This course will enable you to undertake the duties of a crane / lift supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
NPORS Crane / Lift Supervisor (N405) Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a crane / lift supervisor
- Know the importance of locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and functions
- Demonstrate how to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Demonstrate diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes
- Show the procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Explain the function and use of the RCIs and anti-collision systems and use the information provided
- Setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types of lifting equipment and lifts
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions and identify overhead hazards
- Identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios
- Know the importance of checking the security of various types of loads and lifting accessories, explain the procedures ensuring load balance and integrity
- Supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication
- Explain all Environmental considerations and explain how factors such as the external area to the lift zone can affect the planning of the lifting operation
- Carry out all out-of service and securing procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Experienced operators should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
Good understanding of spoken and written English.
NPORS Training – Next available dates
Enquire below for course dates
NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice.
NPORS Practical assessment.
Traditional NPORS Card
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
New Entrants who wish to Apply for an NPORS/CSCS Card
New entrants to the NPORS Scheme will undertake training / testing in the usual way.
Entrant – No NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
Validating An NPORS Operator Card
The categories on the reverse of the Operator Card can be validated by scanning in the QR code on the front of the card, using the online card checker or by contacting NPORS on 01606 351240.