NPORS Excavator 360 (N202)
1-10 Days depending on experience
ENQUIRE BELOW TO BOOK
VIEW ALL COURSES
NPORS Excavator 360 (N202)
This 360 Excavator course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a 360 degree excavator.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
NPORS Excavator 360 (N202) Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for Excavator use.
- Conducting all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Safely mounting and dismounting the machine.
- Starting and stopping the engine and safely moving the machine off and stopping it safely.
- Configuring the machine for travel and manoeuvring it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas.
- Conducting all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvring the machine to the work area and correctly configuring in readiness to carry out excavating tasks.
- Carrying out excavating tasks
- Loading material onto transporting vehicles or into containers.
- Reinstating excavation, grade and level ground
- Fitting and removing attachments.
- Carrying out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
For learners applying for the NPORS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Most importantly, a good understanding of spoken and written English.
NPORS Training – Next Available Dates
NPORS N202 Excavator 360 Course (Above and Below 10t)
- 21st – 25th February – FULLY BOOKED!
- 28th February – 4th March
- 7th – 11th March
- 28th March – 1st April
Enquire below for other course dates
NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice.
NPORS Practical assessment.
Traditional NPORS Card
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
New Entrants who wish to Apply for an NPORS/CSCS Card
New entrants to the NPORS Scheme will undertake training / testing in the usual way.
Entrant – No NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
Validating An NPORS Operator Card
The categories on the reverse of the Operator Card can be validated by scanning in the QR code on the front of the card, using the online card checker or by contacting NPORS on 01606 351240.