NPORS Excavator as a crane (N100)
1-2 Days depending on experience
ENQUIRE BELOW TO BOOK
VIEW ALL COURSES
NPORS Excavator as a Crane (N100)
This course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to safely carry out lifting operations using a 360 Excavator as a Crane.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
NPORS Excavator as a Crane (N100) Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain different lifting configurations and working ranges
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category
- Explain centres of gravity, calculate estimated weights of loads
- Identify any overhead / proximity hazards
- Agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing, placement zone with the slinger / signaller
- Ensure excavator is in a safe condition for attachments to be fitted
- Checked load integrity and security by carrying out trial lift
- Lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all of service and securing procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Lastly, a good understanding of spoken and written English.
NPORS Training – Next Available Dates
N100 Excavator As a Crane Course
15th – 16th January 2024
Enquire below for other course dates
NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice.
NPORS Practical assessment.
Traditional NPORS Card
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card.
New Entrants who wish to Apply for an NPORS/CSCS Card
New entrants to the NPORS Scheme will undertake training / testing in the usual way.
Entrant – No NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite NVQ with the units applicable to the category of plant achieved will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the category(s) of plant held on their Trained Operator card.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record / operator logbook will also be issued.
Entrant – NVQ Held
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite NVQ with the unit credits applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS card will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record / operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases operators will have to supply proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch test within the two years prior to application for the card.
NPORS Cards can be requested with an individual expiry on each category, or one expiry date for all categories held.
Established in 1992, the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is now one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
Validating An NPORS Operator Card
The categories on the reverse of the Operator Card can be validated by scanning in the QR code on the front of the card, using the online card checker or by contacting NPORS on 01606 351240.