Are you looking to get a job in the construction industry, or simply need a refresher for some courses? We have plenty of training courses to book onto including our forward tipping dumper course. Operators are choosing to learn how to move dumpers round safely as their first course due to the versatility of the equipment. Why not pick an all round machine and book on today.
WHAT IS A DUMPER?
If you’ve come across our website to book onto our forward tipping dumper course, then it’s highly likely that you already know what a dumper is. For those that are new and looking to get into the construction sector, we will explain.
Dumper trucks, also known as a dump truck or even a tipper truck are useful types of plant equipment for transporting materials. They are grateful or carrying anything from sand, gravel, mud, or even waste materials from a demolition site. Forward tipping dumpers are fitted with hydraulic rams to lift the skip up on the front. The operator will have a clear view of the skip and have perfect visibility to unload the materials.
When it comes to various dumper trucks available, operators have the choice of mini dumpers, stand on dumpers, rear tipping dumpers, and the list goes on. It’s always best to ensure you know which type of dumper you require first. Luckily, here at Diggerland Plant Training School we have access to using the best machinery. As we are based at the UK’s only construction based theme park, Diggerland, it definitely has its perks!
What is it used for?
As mentioned previously, dumper trucks are very useful and versatile machines. They can be used to carry large loads of materials, and still be able to move over various terrains due to their heavy duty tyres. You can expect to see dumpers used primarily on construction sites as well as demolition and landscaping projects.
When paired with an excavator, the dumper truck is a productive type of plant equipment to have on site.
Here at the Diggerland Plant Training School in Kent, we offer operators the opportunity to get behind the wheels of various dumper trucks including Terex and Thwaites. Whilst learning in depth how to safely operate them. So what will the course cover?
WHAT WILL THE FORWARD TIPPING DUMPER COURSE INVOLVE?
Our NPORS N204 forward tipping dumper course can be completed in 1 to 3 days, depending on any existing experience. Operators looking to book on with expect to cover the following topics:
- Identify and locate the main controls of a dumper truck
- Carry out all required safety checks at the work area
- Understand the correct PPE that is needed and ensure it is used at all times
- Prepare the dumper for use and operate safely
- Loading and unloading of materials
The test consists of both a theory test and a practical test. Once the training course has been completed, the qualification will be valid for 5 years before it needs to be renewed.
OTHER USEFUL CONSTRUCTION COURSES
If you’re an aspiring operator looking to increase your knowledge of construction machinery and other related courses, we would highly recommend the following courses:
- N205 Rear tipping dumper course – Why not learn how to operate both rear tipping and forward tipping dumpers at the same time. This is a popular course for most operators.
- N139 Forward tipping mini dumper course – Our mini dumper course is perfect for anyone that needs the knowledge, and is looking to use a mini dumper for personal purposes, or small projects.
- N120 Plant loader securer– The plant loader securer course is great for anyone that needs to load and unload plant equipment from transport.
- S001 Safety Awareness course – If you’re looking to work on a construction site, a health and safety course will also be essential. Why not book it in advance and complete it when you book onto our forward tipping dumper course.
- N212 Skid steer course – Skid steers are smaller, handy machines that will allow operators to dig, lift and move materials. It could be a great course to pair with our dumper course.
Save time, and book multiple courses in at the same time. View our full list of construction courses available. If you do not see one that you are interested in, please contact us and we would be happy to assist.
CONTACT THE DIGGERLAND PLANT TRAINING SCHOOL TEAM
At the Diggerland Plant Training School in Kent, we have plenty of spaces available for operators to book onto our forward tipping dumper course. Not only do we offer dumper courses in Medway, we also run plenty of other construction courses.
We have all of the necessary health and safety procedures in place to protect our staff as well as operators. However we are happy to offer one to one as well as group training courses.
If you want to book onto any of our construction courses, we have a number of highly experienced instructors on hand to help. We are more than happy to discuss a particular course in detail if it’s something you’re interested in.
To get in contact with us or to book onto our courses please call: 01634 295355 or email us at: email@example.com.